12/4/18

Gathering Graces 12/3/2018

*It was wrapping central on my dining room table today.  I put on a cheesy Christmas movie called The Christmas Wedding Planner and started wrapping. Once that movie was done, it was time for my annual Christmas watching of Love Actually. Whenever I watch this movie, I have to share how much I LOVE the scene of Hugh Grant dancing to the Pointer Sister’s hit Jump.  I was never a big fan of Hugh Grant, but this scene alone redeemed him my eyes.  If you want to check it out, the clip is here.
*The mascot for VIPKID is a yellow dinosaur named Dino.  I earned enough tokens to “buy” one a few weeks ago.  It is amazing how excited this 55 year old woman was when Dino arrived in the mail today.  I can’t wait to use him in class tomorrow!!

Me and Dino!!!
*I got a text from Christy this morning saying she would be released from the hospital this morning.  My job was to gather some items she would need at the hospital to come home.  So I jumped in the car and drove over to her house, where I found Everett sweeping the floor in anticipation of her arrival.  I gathered the items I needed, put them in a bag and took them over the Bill’s house so he could take them to her when he went to pick her up.  Discharging from the hospital went smoothly, but finding a pharmacy that carried the prescription she needed was not.  After a few tries, she found a pharmacy and had her prescription filled.  Her and Bill arrived home around 2 p.m.
*Thanks to everyone for your prayers, thoughts, well wishes and other love and encouragement you have shared with Christy and our family this past week.  What a loving community of friends and family we have.  We appreciate each and every one of you. 
*Later in the afternoon I fixed some dinner for Christy and Everett and Paul and I took it over to her, along with all the items she that had been in her hospital room at SMC.  Ice Cream is a comfort food for Christy when she isn’t feeling well, so I asked if she wanted some ice cream.  She requested peppermint.  So we stopped and got her some ice cream on the way to deliver dinner.  She looked good, and Everett, and the dogs Tucker and Riley looked very happy and settled.  And once the dogs go to bed, I am sure the cats will come and welcome her back as well.
*Jennifer Kroos Haemmerle, I found another version of our favorite show.  It is The Great British Baking Show..Holidays, where four former bakers come to compete in some Christmas baking challenges.  It is just one episode, but it is pretty fun to watch!!

No comments: