12/31/18

Gathering Graces 12/30/2018

*When I arrived at church this morning, the sky was blue, the sun was shining, and the snow was melting.  It was a gloriously beautiful morning.  When I got home from church, the blue sky was gone, the clouds covered the sky, and the snow was beginning to fall.  It seemed like a wonderful afternoon to take a nap!!
*Paul came in around 4 p.m. or so, wondering if I wanted to get up at any certain time.  I told him to not let me sleep past 4:30.  So around 4:3o I got up.  Paul continues to work on our basement, and today he did some work in my classroom area.  He is so good to me!!  He knows things that need to be done sometimes, even without me realizing they need to be done.
*After we had a wonderful tossed green salad for dinner, I was in the mood for another movie.  It has been nice to have the time to watch some movies over the last few weeks.  Last year I had discovered the Christmas movie The Holiday, starring Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black. I had never really heard much of this movie, so it was great to be surprised at how much I liked it last year.  I had been wanting Paul to see it, so we chose that as our movie to watch tonight.  One of my favorite parts of the movie is the relationship developed by Kate Winslet’s character and Eli Wallach’s character.  I seem to be on a bit of a British movie kick these last few days as well.  Hopefully we can watch some more good movies this next week, as Paul does not return to work at KHS until January 7th.  Yay!!
*Ever since I have known him, one of Paul’s favorite liqueurs has been Amaretto, an almond flavored liqueur.  I had purchased some before Christmas, but we had not opened the bottle.  I did a little search for cocktails to make with the Amaretto, and found a delicious mixture of Amaretto, Kahlua and cream.  It is called a Toasted Almond.  It was very good, so I made us a couple while we watched the movie.  What a wonderful treat. 
*Because of the movie, I got to bed way later than I am used to.  Thank goodness I can take a nap tomorrow!  I am sure I will need one.

No comments: