12/26/18

Gathering Graces 12/25/2018

*Merry Christmas!  Not only are we gathering together with friends and family, but we are celebrating the birth of the most amazing person ever born....Jesus Christ....King of Kings...Lord of Lords....Prince of Peace. 
*It was a wonderfully relaxing day today.  I got up and did four early morning classes, did the Advent devotional with Paul, then crawled back into bed around 6:30 or so.  I told Paul to wake me up at 9:30 a.m., so I could get ready for people arriving at 10 a.m.  I was sound asleep still when Paul woke me up at 9:30.  So nice to have such a wonderful early morning nap.
*It was a fun time unwrapping gifts and enjoying giving and receiving a variety of socks, books, clothes and other fun items.  So grateful. 
*After we enjoyed our morning brunch Christy prepared of  mimosas, blueberry breakfast casserole, a potato dish and ham and sausage, and unwrapping gifts, Bill, Debbie and Christy departed, Molly and Travis drove to Post Falls to be with Travis’ family.



*I searched for some of our Christmas movies on DVD, and sat and enjoyed watching How The Grinch Stole Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas, and A Muppet Christmas Carol. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer was not in the DVD case.  I will need to hunt for it and perhaps watch it tomorrow.  I also want to watch Holiday Inn
*Around 5 p.m. we brought all of the leftovers out from the meal the night before and enjoyed more Chinese food.    It was all delicious the second time around.  I also tried making Tom and Jerry batter again, and this time is was MUCH better.  Frothy and sweet, just as it should be.  Christy, Bill and Debbie joined us for the leftovers and Tom and Jerry drinks.
*We enjoyed playing some games today, including Boxers and  Briefs, Code Names, TableTopics, and Saturday Night Live Trivial Pursuit (which is really, really hard!!!)

No comments: