12/12/18

Gathering Graces 12/11/2018

*Each year part of my Christmas festivities includes Chapter M’s P.E.O. Christmas party.  The members gather together and enjoy a delicious potluck dinner, have a Christmas Carol sing-a-long, and do a gift exchange.  We also receive our annual P.E.O ornament created by some of our P.E.O. members.  It was a wonderful, cheery way to spend a rather rainy and drizzly evening last night.
*I finally got the Christmas Eve menu and recipes sent to those friends and family members who needed it.  Boy did that feel good.  One more thing checked off my Christmas “To Do” list.
*There are three women in my life who are my friends, and their names are all April.  I sometimes refer to them as April#1, April #2 and April #3.  Today was one of those rare occasions that I had conversations with all three of them.  The morning started out talking to April #1, who lives in Italy.  We often try and talk once a week, and get caught up.  In the afternoon, I had a phone conversation with April #2, who lives in Meridian.  Keep April #2 in your prayers.  Her family is going through a tough time right now.  Later in the afternoon I went to shop at our local grocery store Yokes, and ran into April #3, who was also doing some shopping.  We had a nice little visit in the midst of both of our shopping trip.  I love and appreciate each one of these women, and glad they are all a part of my life.
*Someone posted the passing of one of my former high school teachers.  Mary Rae Faraca passed away on December 8. (If you would like to see her obituary, you can find it here.)  I had Mary Rae for English, Speech and she directed me in numerous drama plays and drama competitions throughout high school.  Some of the highlights of my time at Kellogg High School involved drama productions Mrs. Faraca directed.  She will always hold a very special place in my heart.  Prayers go out to her husband Ray, who was also one of my teachers, and her family.  This marks the passage of two people from my neighborhood growing up that have passed away this year.  Recently, Julie Ann Kenyon Taylor also passed away.  The Kenyons and Faracas lived kitty corner from one another on Riverside Avenue.  We had a great group of families living in our neighborhood growing up, and a lot of fun and fond memories.

No comments: