5/5/17

Gathering Graces 5/4/2017

*As I helped Mom get up in the morning, I told her she would be going over to Kindred at 10 a.m. to start the process of moving in.  When Christy arrived a bit later, she explained to Mom that she would be moving in that morning.  I think Mom was a bit overwhelmed, but her and Christy made it over there by 10 a.m., and now Mom has a room at Kindred-Mountain Valley to start her rehabilitation.
*My sister Christy is a ROCK STAR!!  She has basically put her life on hold this week caring for Mom, making phone calls, answering phone calls, making sure Mom got moved in yesterday, getting her the things she needs, and keeping Bill and I informed of everything that is going on. 
*This afternoon C.d. Breshears, the GEAR UP director in Idaho came to Kellogg High School to give me my final review of my program for the year.  We went over what I had done for the year, I gave him a tour of the high school, we made a video, and he met with our principal.  He loved the setting of KHS, and the beauty of Kellogg.  It is always fun to show off Kellogg to someone who has never been there!!
*It took about an hour to go get my haircut.  The head massage felt wonderful!!  And I sent my first Snapchat photo to my daughters showing off my new haircut.....that was a pretty big accomplishment in itself!!
*The KHS Drama Production Paul has been directing,  The Miracle Worker, opened tonight at KHS.  If you want to see it, they will perform again Friday, May 5 at 7 p.m. and Friday, May 12 at 7 p.m. on the KHS stage.
*Christy and I went over to see Mom this evening, and I got to see what her “new digs” are like.  She seemed to be doing good.  I think the day had been pretty overwhelming for her.  The staff was very nice and very attentive, and I think she is in good hands.  I look forward to going back tomorrow and see how everything is going.  There are some lovely outdoor spaces to sit, and I hope it is nice enough to get her sitting outside in the next few days.
*Christy and I, and later Paul, gathered on her back deck to enjoy the absolutely beautiful evening.  It was so nice to have a warm, sunny day, and still have it over 60 degrees in the evening.  It was a great way to end a long day.
*Again, thanks so much to everyone for the lovely words of encouragement, support and prayers for Mom and our family.  They really do help and strengthen us.

No comments: