5/22/17

Gathering Graces 5/21/2017

*I went over and got Mom going on her day.
*Church was wonderful, and it was great leading the congregation in worship this morning.  Pastor Dave shared a wonderful sermon, asking the questions, “Does God want us Successful or Fruitful?”  Why wouldn’t we want to be fruitful, and have  the Holy Spirit change our lives by having us be a people of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control.  Imagine a world where everyone lived a fruitful life?  Things would be so different.
*After church I went to Mom’s house and made hummingbird feed to fill her a couple of her feeders to put in her backyard.  While there Christy stopped by to visit before her and Everett headed out of town for a couple of days.  I am so glad they get to get away together and spend some much needed rest and relaxation.
*Paul and I went to the hospital to visit Jim Vergobbi.  He was recovering from surgery on his hip.  He looked good, and was ready to be home.  I think he goes home tomorrow.
*Because the weather was so nice, and I wouldn’t have time next weekend to do work in the yard, Paul and I drove to our local Ace Hardware and I purchased tomato plants, herbs, flowers and seed potatoes.  I got back home, I threw caution to the wind, and finished planting my seeds, which included cucumbers, parsnips, zucchini, yellow squash, red potatoes and Yukon gold potatoes.  Tomorrow I will put the tomatoes into pots and put water wells around them to keep them warm.  I hope to get all the flowers into pots as well this week.  In Kellogg, the saying is, “don’t plant until the snow is off the Alhambra slide”.  Well, the snow is getting close to being gone, and I looked at the 15 day forecast, and no frost in store.  So I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
*It was off to the theater once again in Christy and Everett’s pick up so we could bring some larger items home, and do a few other things at the theater.
*When we returned to Mom’s house, I filled the hummingbird feeders and put them up in her  yard. 
*Then Paul and I went to have a visit with Mom before she went to bed.  I had picked some flowers in her yard to bring over to her, and she loved the bouquet. 

No comments: