2/6/19

Gathering Graces 2/5/2019

*Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I took off from teaching classes in the morning.  I was curious if I would be able to sleep later than I normally get up now.  Monday morning I slept later.  This morning, Sadie woke up around 3 a.m. to go outside, and I was then wide awake.  I took advantage of being wide awake and grabbed my book and headed out to the couch to read.  I was able to get some reading in before I fell back to sleep. 
*It ended up being a wonderful day to finish the book Rules of Civility.  I liked the story, and I like the way Towles writes. I think A Gentleman in Moscow was much better written, but then it was published five years later. 
*Christy took Bill to a follow up appointment after his cataract surgery.  I got a text from Bill who wanted me to go check on the dogs.  So around 10 or so I went over and let the dogs out, and they were doing just fine.  I also stopped by Kellogg Pet Medical Center to pick up some dog food for Sadie and some syringes for Toby.  Then it was off to Yokes to purchase some items so I can make some food for a potluck lunch that will be served after the funeral of my friend Robin Jones.  I am unable to attend the service tomorrow because I have a scheduled dentist appointment.  So I am glad I can help in some way.  Paul will be helping with the service.
*Before I knew it, it was almost 4:30 p.m., and time to teach some classes.  I had four classes tonight.  Three new students, and one regular, all boys around 8 or 9 years old.  They were all great.  I especially enjoy my last student, Brighton, who, for an 8 year old, speaks English very well, and we talked about his Chinese New Year celebration, and he and his mom taught me how to say  Guònián hǎo, which means “Pass the New Year Well.” 

No comments: