2/22/19

Gathering Graces 2/21/2019

*What a beautiful day in Kellogg today.  The snow glistened in the yard and on the mountains.  The sky was blue and the sun was shining.  I took the above picture from my front porch.  It is a picture of the hills above Jacob’s Gulch, above Kellogg High School. I never tire of the views out my front and back yards, whatever the weather or season.
*I also took some pictures today of the promise of spring from my front flower bed under the living room window.  Yes, spring is coming!!

Signs of spring!!

*As I have mentioned before, I am a bit hooked on the television show The Masked Singer. I watched the latest episode this morning.  Two of the singers were revealed by the end of the episode.  I wasn’t too surprised by The Rabbit.  I wasn’t surprised by who The Lion was, but I didn’t realize how much performing she had done in her life.  I look forward to the finale next week.  I think I know who The Peacock and The Bee are.  I have no clue who The Monster is.  I am going over to Christy’s house to watch the finale.
*I browsed through Hulu and found an interesting show called The Wine Show that I started watching.  There are two actors, Michael Goode (I remember him the most as Finn on The Good Wife and Princess Margaret’s husband Tony Armstrong-Jones on The Crown,  and Michael Rhys (who portrayed Daniel Ellsburg in The Post).  They are friends and their “Wine HQ” is a beautiful villa in the Tuscany region in Italy.  They have some wine experts who bring them wine from around the world.  But then each week they explore Italy and bring back their favorite bottles of wine as part of a “wine challenge”.  It is a really good show if you want to learn about different types of wine, and how they are produced, and who knew how many grape varieties there actually are in the wine making process?  It was a fun show to have  on in the background as I was working on other things. Check out information on the show here.
*Another television show I found that I started watching was The Mary Tyler Moore Show.  I was laughing out loud by the first episode when Mary arrives in Minneapolis, gets her apartment in her friend Phyllis’ building, meets Rhoda, and her co-workers Murray, Ted Baxter and her boss Lou Grant.  It is priceless!!  There was some amazing television writing going on in the 1970’s.  Many of those situation comedies were very funny and entertaining.
*I thawed some chicken for dinner, then realized by the time I returned home from the drama class at 5:30 p.m., the chicken would still need to cook for close to an hour.  I didn’t want to wait and eat that late.  So Casa d’Oro it is!!  I enjoyed my Tacos Al Pastor, and Paul got his favorite, Oceana Burrito.  They both hit the spot.  I headed off to bed by 8 p.m., and Paul stayed up and watched the Kellogg Wildcats beat the #1 ranked in our district Timberlake Timberwolves to a victory in the district tournament to give the Wildcats a spot in the Idaho State Boys Basketball tournament.  This is the sixth straight year in a row the Wildcats have made it to the State Tournament.  Way to go Wildcats!!

No comments: