2/27/19

Gathering Graces 2/26/2019

*Learning new crafts is always fun, so learning how to paint a “Barn Quilt” has been very satisfying.  I had never heard of them, but a member of our local Catholic Daughters group put out the word she would teach how to make one, and the proceeds would go to some of their projects.  What I am enjoying about this project is you first have to use the left side of the brain, figuring out the pattern and sketching it out.  Then you move to right side of the brain as you begin to paint the design.  I can’t wait to see how it turns out.  And it has not only been a fun project to work on, but I have met some lovely ladies who are also working on this project, as well as getting reacquainted with people I haven’t seen in a while.
*It was also fun to talk to Kate today, the woman in charge of this project, and find out she works in Coeur d’Alene with one of my Tri-Delta pledge sisters, Sue Weiss Brunner.  What a small world!!  It was fun meeting ladies who knew my mom, one I didn’t recognize who had been one of my babysitters when I was very young, and one who had worked with Paul when he was at the alternative high school. 
*It was nice to get a a text from my sister Christy saying my brother Bill’s cataract surgery went well. This was his second cataract surgery this month.  The first one went very well, and it looks like this second one was just as successful.

No comments: