2/26/19

Gathering Graces 2/25/2019

*The snow came down.  The wind blew.  It was a blustery day here in Kellogg.  Even Clark the cat didn’t venture outside much today. 
*The Oscars played on the television most of the morning, which had been broadcast the night before.  I liked the show, and I liked not having a host.  I think this new format worked well.  I think my favorite winner was Olivia Colman who won in the Best Actress category for her portrayal of Queen Anne in The Favourite.  She was genuinely surprised and just fun to watch give her acceptance speech.  I was glad to see that one of the nominated movies I had actually seen, Spiderman:Into the Spider-Verse, won for best animated film.  I was amazed at the technology used in the making of this film, and believe it was very deserving of this award.
*As I watched The Academy Awards, I spent time planning the schedule for my upcoming trip to Seattle with Molly, Zoe and Cosette.  I can’t wait!!
*Soup making was in order this afternoon, as I chopped up and sauteed some onions and garlic, and then added some broth and the squash I had roasted on Sunday.  I also added red curry paste and coconut milk.  The curry gave the soup a nice little bite, and the coconut milk made it rich and creamy.   The perfect meal for a cold, blustery day.

No comments: