2/13/19

Gathering Graces 2/12/2019

*As I was teaching this morning, Paul came down to inform me that school had been cancelled today because of the snow.  There were some roads that were not safe for the buses to travel on in our school district.  I appreciate it when they put the safety of our students and our drivers first.  It isn’t worth it to put them in danger on snowy and slick roads.  I know for some, snow days can be a pain, but I am glad our school district errs on the side of caution and safety.
*Paul and I enjoyed a nice crackling fire most of the morning.  We didn’t get anything really major accomplished today, but it was nice to be snug and safe and warm in our home.  I plugged away at some projects while sitting on the couch and watch Matt Santos declare his intent to run for President of the United States on The West Wing.
*Lamp Chops have become one of my favorite meats to prepare.  It is quick, easy and very flavorful.  I guess I never prepared lamb because we didn’t have it growing up, and I was not familiar with it.  And I don’t think it was as readily available to purchase as it is now.  I buy a pack of lamb chops each month from Costco, and a pack lasts us a couple of months.  To prepare the lamb chops, I put a little olive oil in a saucepan, and put it on high heat.  I season the chops, sometimes with just salt and pepper, and sometimes I add some herbs after drying the meat off.  Then I brown each side for about 2-3 minutes, I put a lid over the frying pan, take them off the heat, and let them rest for about 6-7 minutes.  They are perfect every time.  Rare, but warm throughout.  Delicious!
*The snow continued to come down throughout the day and evening, with a little bit of a break here and there.  When I headed off to bed, it was still snowing.

No comments: