2/5/19

Gathering Graces 2/4/2019

*In my VIPKID Facebook Group, someone shared a link for the Spring Festival Gala that a majority of Chinese families watch as part of their New Year’s Eve celebration.  I started watching this morning, just before 8 a.m., which is just before midnight Beijing time in China.  So I was able to watch the them bring in the new year.  And then I watched the gala for a few hours.  Even though I could not understand what they were saying, it was still very entertaining.
*Today was a snow day for the Kellogg School District, so Paul got to be home today.  My brother Bill was having cataract surgery in CDA this morning, and, with the road condition a bit uncertain, Paul offered to drive Bill to his appointment.  So Paul drove Bill and and they were both back by before noon, and the roads ended up not being too bad.
*The book Rules of Civility was in my hand a lot today, and I spent a lot of time reading it.  It is a really good story, and I am enjoying reading it, and enjoy the writing style of Amor Towles.
*I had one student to teach this evening named Dora.  She is a nice student, and her mom asked me to help her pronounce correctly some of the items they use as part of their Spring Festival.

No comments: