2/11/19

Gathering Graces 2/10/2019

*Our church service was moved into our Fellowship Hall because our sanctuary was about 50 degrees.  As we sang our worship songs, someone commented, as they looked out of the wall of windows in the Fellowship Hall, that it was like we were having church in a snow globe.  It was beautiful outside, as the wind swirled the snowflakes around before they hit the ground.
*The afternoon was spent getting ready for family dinner.  Paul and I were hosting Bill, Christy and Everett for dinner and I prepared some herb roasted chicken drumsticks, some hot chicken wings, a green salad, broccoli with lemon and butter, and some mushrooms stuffed with cream cheese, garlic and Parmesan Cheese.
*Because of the cold and blustery weather we have been having, a hot toddy sounded nice to have before dinner to help warm us all up.  It was nice to sit in the living room surrounded  by my recent transformation from snowmen to red hearts in honor of the upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday.  Paul found my Valentine’s decoration as he was organizing our basement storage room and brought it upstairs for me.  It has been so long since I decorated for Valentine’s Day that I didn’t even realize I had some of these decorations.
*It was a wonderful evening.

No comments: