8/9/18

Gathering Graces 8/8/2018

*Happy 28th birthday to my beautiful firstborn, Molly Jessica Roberts-Cornwell.  I am glad we have had a “birthday week” celebration so I could celebrate early with Molly, since I didn’t see her today.  I left for work before she was up and at em. Travis, her and Sadie headed out on a road trip to Bonners Ferry to spend a couple of days with friends.  These friends have a Pomeranian, too, and Sadie just had to meet this other dog!!

Birthday road trip!!

*As the heat rose today throughout the Silver Valley, I stayed pretty cool inside the Sierra Silver Mine Tour office.  There are around 300 Ride Idaho bicyclists in town today and tomorrow, so I met some of them today.  In the afternoon, I got a visit from my sister Christy and my cousin Lura.  Lura did some shopping around the shop, and Christy enjoyed tasting another flavor of ice cream in our Ice Cream Parlor!
*After work, I was tired.  I think my trip to the Cedar Grove and to Missoula the previous two days, plus working all day today finally caught up with me.  Plus, my backyard had been neglected for a few days, and I needed to give it some TLC.  So I ate some dinner, and picked some zucchini and radishes.  I deadheaded all the flowers around the yard.  I tended to my rose bushes.  It was a nice, cool evening to do all these tasks, and felt good to see how things in the yard are doing.
*This past week, I have had two friends on Facebook post photographs of a door with lion head door knockers.  I just thought it was interesting, and wondered what the significance of the door knockers are, and if the lion head had any particular meaning.  The first photo was taken by April M Lee in Tellaro, Italy.  The second photo was taken by Phletha Donean in Koper, Slovenia.  I do know the area around Koper is influenced by the Italian culture, being located only about 3 miles from the Italian border.  I will have to do a little more digging, and see if I can find out any more about these specific door knockers.  #inquiringmindswanttoknow

Door with lion head door knockers in Tellaro, Italy.

Door with lion head door knockers in Koper, Slovenia.

No comments: