8/18/18

Gathering Graces 8/17/2018

*We have a toad that lives in one of the window wells at our house.  We call him Mr. Toad.  Today he was out peering in the window.  Usually he isn’t this visible.  I went to the garden and dug up a few worms for him.  I think he liked the snack.
*I had to go to Coeur d’Alene to get some routine bloodwork done, so Paul said he would go with me.  After finding LabCorp and the correct entrance in the building, I easily gave my blood sample and was on my way.  Paul and I headed over to Le Peep for breakfast, since I was quite ready for something to eat after fasting since midnight for the bloodwork.  Later I was called with the results, and everything looked good, including my cholesterol, which means I can remain off of my cholesterol medication.  Yay!!!
*After breakfast, Paul and I went to Lowes to look at some flooring.  We are redoing some floors in our basement, and are trying to figure out the best way to do them.
*We also made a stop at the Dollar Tree.  I bought some goodies for teaching, and also ran into Alania Chambliss and her mom.  Alania is getting ready to begin her second year of college at NIC.
*Then it was time to head home.  We spent the afternoon a bit concerned because our cat Clark had not returned home the night before, and we had not seen him all day.  Finally, around 3:30 p.m. he strolled into the house.  We were glad he made it home.
*Paul, Tim Arnhold and I provided musical entertainment for a fund-raiser dinner at our church tonight for our friend Brenda Erickson.  She is getting a service dog to help her know when her blood sugar level get too low.  In order for the dog to come to her home, she needs to build a fence around her backyard.  The dinner tonight was to help with the costs of putting up the fence.  I think this dinner provided money to help her complete this project.
*Despite a little bit of rain earlier in the day, the evening turned out to be rather warm, so it felt good to enjoy some time out on the patio. 

No comments: