8/28/18

Gathering Graces 8/27/2018

*It was a treat last night to wake up off and on and listen to the rain falling.  And then to drive home at the end of the day and see blue sky.  Because of the smoke from the fires, we haven’t seen blue sky in a while.  It was a nice change.
*Today was the first time in the last 11 years that I did not attend meetings for the Kellogg School District.  Paul got up and got going.  I did not, because I am retired from the district.  No, it was not that strange.  I am wondering if next week, when students actually go back to school, if it will seem strange then.
*I spent my day at the Sierra Silver Mine Tour.  It was a slower day today, so I had an opportunity to visit with different people.  We started the day off much earlier than our normal day, because we had a tour bus come in, and they took the mine tour at 8:30 a.m., 9 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.  The guy who heads up the tour, Al, leads these tours about 6 months out of the year, and then lives in Australia the other 6 months of the year.    I met another guy who grew up in Wallace, and he talked about working at the Star Mine in Burke, working as a lifeguard at the Burke Pool, and other fun stories.  I met another guy who has a home on Coeur d’Alene Lake near Harrison, and he and his wife live there during the summer months when it is cooler here, then they head back to Arizona during the winter months.  To him, it is the best of both worlds.  He and his wife look about my age, or maybe a bit younger.  I met another young woman and her boyfriend who are in the country from France.  Her parents live in Boise, and she lives in France and teaches English.  Her boyfriend is from France.  She was back in the U.S. for a little bit of time before traveling back to France.  I shared with her about my new job with VIPKID, and we had a nice conversation.
*People who visit love Wallace.  I hear this again and again and again.  Sometimes they have driven through Wallace many times, and have finally stopped.  I like the days when I can take the time to hear people’s stories.
*Paul was home when I returned, and we had a pretty low key evening.  We ate some dinner, visited with a friend, and watched a recording of the musical Paul will be performing in this fall at the Sixth Street Theater, titled Men on Ice.  It looks like he will have a lot of fun putting this show on with Ken Bartle, Gordon Turner, Joy Persoon and director Cherri Bartle.  Mark your calendars!!  It will be performed the first three weekends in November.

No comments: