8/14/18

Gathering Graces 8/13/2018

*What a wonderful day I had today visiting and reconnecting with people.
*The morning began talking with April M Lee in Italy.  We both couldn’t believe how fast the time went by as we visited this morning.  It was a very productive talk, reminiscent of the times we would spend together at the local coffee shop talking.  It was a great way to start the day.
*For lunch, my friend Carolyn Meade came over.  She was a bit delayed because of an appointment she had with her insurance agent.  But no worries.  I am glad we were able to have a nice visit out in the yard.  We enjoyed the bounty of my garden, enjoying a “cheeseburger without the bun” meal, with lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers all freshly picked from the garden.  Yummy!!!

Lunch table in the backyard.

*For dinner, we had more company.  Since last fall, we have been trying to have Gordan and Carolyn Turner over for dinner, and we finally made it happen this evening.  What a wonderful evening of good food, good conversation, and a good exchange between Carolyn and I sharing our expertise with one another.  I spent time sharing with her information about what her son Grant needs to do this year to apply for colleges and scholarships.  She shared with me what I need to do to set up an LLC (Limited Liability Corporatation), which is the first step in some future plans Paul and I are working toward.  While Carolyn and I “got down to business”, Paul and Gordon sat under the lighted arbor and had a great time visiting.
*For dinner, we tried a new zucchini recipe that was a bit hit, and I want to share it with anyone who is suddenly overcome with zucchini and wants to find different ways of preparing it.  We made Grilled Garlic Parmesan Zucchini.  It was so delicious, and a perfect way to prepare our round Ronde de Nice summer squash.  I did a little variation, where I didn’t use fresh parsley.  Instead, I picked fresh oregano and thyme, then added some Italian Seasoning to the butter mixture as well.  The recipe is here, and here is a photo of what they looked like.

Grilled Garlic Parmesan Zucchini
*I love days like this, when I have the chance to reconnect with friends, and find out what is going on in their lives.  I have made a point to try and do this with many people throughout the summer, because I feel like relationships with people are so important.  I have some trips planned this fall so I can reconnect with people I haven’t seen in a while.  I look forward to having those face to face connections again.


No comments: