8/22/18

Gathering Graces 8/21/2018

*Shortly after my morning walk, Robert Paul from Flame Heating arrived to start work on installing a new furnace in our home.  We still have the original furnace in this home from when the house was built around 1970.  When we had it serviced at the beginning of summer, we got an estimate on getting a new one, and thought it would be a good idea.  I am curious to see how the new furnace, combined with our new roof help warm our house much more efficiently this winter.  I can already tell how much cooler our house has stayed this summer with our new roof. 
*It will be nice to have a nice functioning furnace, especially after last night being so cool in the house.  I had to pull out the flannel pajamas and socks to wear to bed!!
*I was back at KHS today helping with student registration.  It has gone quite well.  The students have been great, and I am glad I can help out with this process this week. 
*When I got home I realized I was a little overdue on fertilizing my roses and pots of flowers around the yard.  So I took some of my Sea Magic fertilizer and watered all the roses and pots around the yard.  I counted the pots, and I have around 60 different containers with flowers in them around the yard.  And I have been very happy with how they have done this summer. 
*With the VIPKID program, you can submit “practice videos” of you teaching a certain lesson and get certifications for teaching different types of classes.  I got another certification yesterday.  I am currently preparing to do two more practice videos to get another certification.  This hopefully will help in getting more students to book my time slots.
*I had a great visit with Zoe on the phone this afternoon.  She shared with me some news from her life, and how things are going.  She is actively looking for an apartment to move in to, and starting another school year as a para professional at Meridian Middle School.  It will be fun to see her in a few weeks when we go down to attend our niece’s wedding.
*When you teach students online, you use a lot of props, including colorful images of the things you are talking about.  I spent some time tonight printing off images and laminating them to use in upcoming classes.  I am loving my new Laminater!!

No comments: