8/21/18

Gathering Graces 8/20/2018

*It was a strange morning.  I didn’t set my alarm, so woke up too late to walk with Nikki.  Than I remembered I was going up to Kellogg High School to help with registration, so my morning routine would be a bit different.  I think it took until about 10 a.m. for my brain to wake up this morning.  Sheesh!!
*Paul came up to the school later and brought me my phone, and it was practically dead.  When I was home at lunch, somehow the plug in to my phone was not plugged into the power strip.  And my diffuser was unplugged.  And my glass case was on the floor.  What happened next to my bed to cause all of these things to happen???  It will remain a mystery.  Later in the day, I found the phone plug on the floor, and now everything is plugged in, and should be good, and ready for tomorrow morning.
*The wind whipped the smoke around today, and we did get a little rain as well.  The sky was a bit clearer by evening, which was nice.
*I spent some time in my “squash jungle” seeing what was growing, and found about 8 different squashes that I picked.  I also picked a whole big bowl full of the rat tail radishes.  I hope to get them pickled this week.


*The evening was spent participating in a VIPKID workshop on “Marketing Yourself”, which was very helpful.  On the recommendation of Laurie Roberts, Paul and I started listening to a book by Bob Goff titled Everybody Always: Becoming Love in a World of Setbacks and Difficult People, as we sat out on the patio.  It was kind of nice having it cool this afternoon and evening that a sweatshirt was required.
*I was a bit surprised at how cool it was as I got ready for bed.  It had to put on my flannel pajamas and socks for bed tonight.

No comments: