8/19/18

Gathering Graces 8/18/2018

*This morning began with a VIPKID workshop for new teachers.  It was very informative, and gave me some direction on how I can be spending my time while I wait for students to sign up for my class slots. 
*I enjoyed spending time outside today, finding lots of squash, and seeing new flowers blooming, like the gladiolus.  These flowers always remind me of my Grandma West.  I don’t specifically remember them in her yard, but I remember being told they were one of her favorite flowers.  I can see why.  They are very unique.  Grandma West lived in Orofino, Idaho, and each summer we would go there and spend a week.  It was usually in August.  More than her flowers, I remember her vegetable garden.  The soil in Orofino had a very distinct smell.  I also remember the smell of her tomato plants.  It was always fun being at Grandma’s house in the summer.
*What a joy it is to prepare meals with vegetables from the garden.  For dinner, I prepared lamb chops, Paul grilled some zucchini with the butter and herbs, garlic and Parmesan cheese that was delicious.  We also had a fresh tomato and avocado salad. 

No comments: