8/30/18

Gathering Graces 8/29/2018

*The mornings have been a bit chilly, so a fire has been just the thing to get rid of the chill.  The warmth from the fire felt so good this morning. Then later, the temperatures started rising, and it felt much better, and things warmed up.
*My day began when the alarm went off at 4 a.m.  I had a VIPKID class at 5 a.m. this morning.  I think it went well.  But every class I do helps me learn more and do better.
*Because of my early morning rising time, I napped in the morning.
*Bill and Debbie arrived back in Kellogg after their trip to New York, and Debbie came by to pick up the Corgis.  We had a little visit, but she was pretty wiped out from her travels, so we said we would visit at a later time.
*Cosette and Taylor finished their painting job, and arrived home in the afternoon to clean up, pack up, and head back to Moscow.  They start another job tomorrow, and got a call while they were still here to schedule another paint job for next week.  They are sure keeping busy!!
*Joy Persoon hosted a back to school event at her home tonight for school district employees, and also to celebrate the marriage of the district’s band teacher Brian Hix to his wife Rachel.  It was a wonderful evening visiting with people and enjoying Joy’s beautiful backyard space.  It was a really fun, relaxing night. 
*I rode my bike to Joy’s house, so I decided to leave before it got too dark.  I got home, and decided to call Molly and see how her first day went with students today.  She is doing her student teaching in Moscow this semester, so it was fun to talk to her about her first day.
*Paul arrived home soon after I did.  He had been at Joy’s house to get a quick bite to eat, then had a meeting to attend. I watched a little bit of Chopped before heading to bed.

No comments: