8/15/18

Gathering Graces 8/14/2018

*As I headed out to walk this morning, the sky continued to be hazy from all the fires burning in Washington and Montana.  Our air quality isn’t horrible, but there is a lot of smoke in the air.
*Many people asked today at work about the fires, and if this haziness was normal.  We had a tour bus out of Canada with a group of people from Australia at the mine tour today.  They had to change their plans and not go into Glacier National Park because of the fire burning there. 
*There were two gentlemen in the gift shop today, and one of them asked me about a photograph that is on the wall of the gift shop.  It was a photo from 1903 with the streets all decorated for the arrival of Teddy Roosevelt.  They also asked about some of the other photos on the wall, that I was able to tell them about.  Then they asked me if I knew where Yellow Pine, Idaho was, and I told them I did.  They said about 15 miles outside of Yellow Pine, (which is located in the Payette National Forest east of McCall, Idaho) is an abandoned mercury mine called Cinnabar that they have visited.  It was interesting talking to them about this remote mine location that abruptly shut down in the late 1950’s, and the buildings are still standing.  These two men were on a motorcycle journey, and were heading to Clark Fork today on their motorcycles.
*Paul had a meeting tonight, so things were pretty quiet when I arrived home.  I walked around and checked out the yard, ate some dinner, and worked on some things on the computer for a while.

No comments: