8/27/18

Gathering Graces 8/26/2018

*It was back at the Sierra Silver Mine Tour today.  I thought it would be a pretty slow day, but we were actually pretty steady.  I met a nice couple from France today, as well as people from Washington state and Canada.  There were two new ice cream flavors, and I had to try some samples.  One was called “Coffee and Doughnuts”.  It tasted just like those mini donuts that are made on sight, fried in oil.  It was to die for!!  And I knew when they ordered ice cream last time that “Black Licorice” was also a flavor that was coming up. It was added today as well, and, if you are a black licorice fan, you have to try it.  It was so good I brought home a pint for Paul to give him a nice surprise.
*Christy and Everett picked us up when I arrived home from work,  and drove us to The Hilltop in Kingston for dinner.  We had a lovely time, and were taken care of  all evening by the establishment’s owner.  When I saw there were fried oysters on the menu, I couldn’t resist ordering them.  And they were so yummy!!  They have been a favorite of mine for practically my whole life.  In fact, it reminds me of a story from when I was 10 years old, and in fifth grade.  I traveled with my mom to Boise over spring break, because she had a Idaho Education Association convention to attend that week.  I remember going out to a meal with Mom and some of the delegates, one of whom was Dale Bachman.  For that meal, my ten year old self ordered fried oysters to eat, and I remember Dale not believing I would eat those.  But, of course, I proved him wrong, and ate every last one.  I am thinking I developed a love for fried oysters growing up eating at the Seafood Buffet at the Sunshine Inn.  Dad had been a bartender at the Sunshine Inn, and we would often eat there.
*Paul and I enjoyed some small bowls of Black Licorice ice cream when we arrived home from dinner, and eventually Cosette and Taylor arrived home from their day of painting.  We had a nice visit with Cosette before she headed off to bed.

No comments: