8/24/18

Gathering Graces 8/23/2018

*Today was my last day officially working for the Kellogg School District.  I have met all my obligations.  I guess now I can say it is official.  I am retired from the KSD.  It was a bit strange turning in my keys at the end of the day, but, the nice thing is, I will be around, especially since Paul still works at KHS, and I believe we will have some lunch dates in the future.
*Around 5 p.m. Jenn and David Schram (our niece and nephew) arrived with their kids Grace, Peter, Ella and Iris, and we walked over to the Silver Valley Farmer’s Market.  It was fun visiting with Joy Persoon, and running into Julie Magnuson, and meeting her mother.  We also got hugs from Erin Nansel (always a must on Farmer’s Market Night), and talked a bit with Debbie Domy.  I bought some goat cheddar cheese from Terratopia, and was too late to get some eggs this time.  It was a wonderful time.
*After spending time at the market, we walked uptown to have dinner at Radio Brewery.  I enjoyed the Hangover Burger (with no bun) and a side salad with really good bleu cheese dressing!! 
*After dinner we all walked back home and enjoyed some time out in the yard cracking open some peanuts, and enjoying one another’s company.  It was so wonderful to see this family, and get to see them again fairly soon when we all gather in Nampa in September for a family wedding.
*We also had Cosette Roberts and Taylor Barnes arrive this evening to stay a few days.  They have painting job in Coeur d’Alene, so they will be staying with us as they drive back and forth to paint each day.  So great to have them here for a few days.

No comments: