2/6/17

Gathering Graces 2/5/2017

*This morning at church, our Pastor shared a wonderful sermon about True Devotion, and how we, as Christians, shouldn’t just go through the motions of being a Christian, but have True Devotion, and build a relationship with our Lord.  It gave me many good things to ponder and meditate on today.
*I had posted on Facebook a phone number to call to Homeland Security regarding not appointing Steve Bannon to the National Security Council.  After posting, I had several people ask me what my reasons were for not wanting this nomination.  So I spent some of the day getting my thoughts together so I can write my thoughts on the subject.  I will be sharing it with those friends who inquired soon.
*Mom has not been able to cook full meals because of her health issues for quite some time, but she was determined to make a roast and other fixins’ for today’s family dinner.  Mom cooked the roast, peeled and boiled potatoes, put the cauliflower in the microwave ready to steam, and made a fruit salad.  In the midst of all this, she realized her dishwasher had quit working, so she hand washed all her dishes.  By the time Paul and I arrived before dinner, she  needed a little help making gravy, mashing the potatoes and setting the table.  Which we did gladly.  We had a wonderful family dinner including Christy, Everett, Molly, Travis, Paul and myself.  After dinner, Paul and Travis headed to the dishwasher, realized Mom needed a new water valve, so we got that ordered on Amazon, and it should arrive on Wednesday so Paul can install it.
*Since we had an early 2 p.m. dinner today, I needed a snack early evening.  Popcorn sounded just right.  I love using coconut oil to make popcorn, because it gives just a small hint of coconut flavor.  So I melted the coconut oil in a pot on the stove, and popped up the popcorn, then added some Hawaiian Black Salt.  Quite a delicious treat....and healthy, too!!

No comments: