2/28/17

Gathering Graces 2/27/2017

*Snow! Snow! and more Snow!  It has been snowing on and off for the past few days.  I am not tired of it yet.  I think it is beautiful.  Give me softly falling white, beautiful snow over gray, drizzly, rainy weather any day!! 
*I came home at lunch and put some ingredients into the crock pot to make Beef Stew.  I use the same recipe for stew that I started using after we were first married.  It is in the little book that came with our first crock pot that we received as a wedding gift.  It is easy, flavorful and delicious.  Sometimes I buy the frozen bags of Stew Vegetables in the store, but today, I had carrots, potatoes, celery and onions on hand, so I cut them up and put them in the pot.  Here is a copy of the well-worn recipe I have been using to make stew since 1986. 
*With the snow falling, it was nice to have a nice, cozy fire to warm up with when we got home from having dinner with Mom.  Our fireplace has had a good workout this winter!!  I am so grateful to Mr. Bisaro who built the fireplace, and did such a good job, not only making it beautiful to look at, but functional as well.

No comments: