6/7/17

Gathering Graces 6/6/2017

*Nikki was back from Meridian visiting her granddaughters, and I was feeling better, so we finally got to go for a walk together this morning.  It was a beautiful morning, and I so enjoyed getting out and walking.  A great way to start the day.
*It was a quiet day in the KHS Counseling Center today.  Heather and Elana were down at Kellogg Middle School registering the upcoming freshmen, so I had the office to myself until after lunch.  It was a pretty quiet day.
*Around 2 p.m. I had a craving for a Subway sandwich.  So I drove down and bought sandwich for Paul and I , because I knew he had not had lunch either.  It tasted good!!
*After school, one of the juniors stayed after school to apply for her FSA ID and get a list of scholarships that she will apply for next year.  It was a fun time working with this student, and getting her prepared for next year.
*Christy, Paul and I gathered at Kindred around 5 p.m., and took Mom outside again on the patio where she enjoyed her dinner.  We had such a wonderful visit.  I love that the weather is nice and we can get Mom outside to enjoy the beautiful grounds of Kindred.  And it was nice that Christy was feeling better so she could join us.
*When I got home, Paul was outside working, so we did a little tour of the vegetable garden, and I told him what was growing where.  The only thing not coming up yet are the carrots and beets. But everything else is looking good.
*Paul or I heard from all three girls at one time or the other tonight.  I talked to Molly about some paperwork that needs to be done.  Zoe called about our upcoming trip this weekend.  And Coco called to let us know she would be arriving on Thursday morning.  I always love visiting with the girls.
*Around 9 or so Paul started looking in the refrigerator and I said, “Is it time for dinner?”  We were both ready for dinner, so he went to Yokes and bought some Rock Fish to grill.  I cut up a cucumber and tomato, we had some cheese and bread, and strawberries and blueberries, and had a wonderful late evening meal. 

No comments: