6/18/17

Gathering Graces 6/17/2017

*This morning was spent working on getting Mom’s bills paid and to write up information to share about her finances with my siblings.  It was nice getting that checked of my to do list.
*I went to see Mom around 1 p.m. and had a wonderful visit.  Around 2:30, my brother Bill arrived with Christy.  He had flown in from Maryland, and will be staying here in Kellogg for the summer.  We all visited with Mom for about an hour, then she was getting tired, so we left her to rest.
*Then Christy, Bill and I headed to Radio Brewery in uptown Kellogg for lunch, catching up, and talking about Mom.  It was a good conversation to have as we move forward with what is best for her and her care.
*I hadn’t slept well the night before, so when I returned from lunch, I took a nap for a couple of hours.  I got up, ate a little dinner, and joined Paul, Zoe and Molly in watching the movie Get Out.  It was an interesting thriller, but with a definite message from creator Jordan Peele about race relations and being a young African American man in a dominant white culture. 
*Cosette arrived close to midnight from Moscow, and it was nice having all five of us under one roof, the first time that has happened in quite a while.

No comments: