6/24/17

Gathering Graces 6/23/2017

*Today we drove to Carrara to do some shopping.  We spent some time in the town walking around, viewing the beautiful scenery of the mountains full of Carrara Marble, and having my first Italian cappuccino.
*I finally felt like I was really experiencing Italy today as we walked the streets of Carrara.
*The shopping trip was a success as we found all the different produce needed to prepare the meals this week at April’s retreat.  It was quite she interesting experience trying to fit all the food in April’s refrigerator.

Sorrentina Pizza
*We arrived home and regrouped a bit, then went to a pizza place for dinner.  My pizza was delicious.  It was the Sorrentina, with Buffalo Mozzarella cheese, fresh tomatoes and basil.
*For dessert I enjoyed Tartufo Nero, which was a ball of chocolate ice cream with vanilla ice cream in the middle and dusted with cocoa powder.  I was dragging a bit, so I ordered some Caffe to drink with my dessert.  But that is not the Italian way.  Instead, the caffe was poured over the Tartufo.  That was okay.  It was delicious!
*My thoughts and prayers were with the Ross family today as they celebrated the life of Joan Ross.  Paul said the service was beautiful.
*Around 11:30 p.m. Italian time, Paul called, and it was nice to hear his voice.  We both said it was odd that I was halfway around the world from him.  He was at Kindred when he called, so he gave the phone to Mom and we spoke to each other for a few minutes.  She had just woken up, so she sounded tired.  Then Coco and I talked about last week’s Youth Summit.  I briefly talked to Mom again, then said goodbye.
*Normally I am a pretty good sleeper, but not here.  Last night I was still wide away at 3 a.m.  I guess I have a lot on my mind.  Thanks again to all of you and your encouraging words regarding Mom.  It is very much appreciated.

No comments: