2/28/18

Gathering Graces 2/27/2018

*Nikki spotted five elk up on the CAP across from the Kellogg School District office as we drove home from walking this morning.  I have always known they would hang out up there, but this is the first time I have seen some up on top.
*I got a lot accomplished today with the senior students.  Many of the students who needed to got their FAFSA completed and submitted did.  I had a couple of parents come in today to help their student get it submitted.  It feels good to see the students complete this part of the college going process.
*Families are so much more transit these days than when I was growing up.  It was rare to get “new kids” in school when I was in elementary school, or have someone move away.  Today in my drama group after school, there were at least three students who were moving away soon, and three others who would be moving away this summer.  And that is in a group of only about 15 students.  I see it at the high school as well, a lot of coming and going of students.  I know moving here from Meridian for was tough on our three girls, especially Molly, who was between fourth and fifth grade.  It is a hard transition. Even in the best of circumstances.
*I got an exciting text early this evening from my niece Karlie letting me know that her and Daniel had become engaged the evening before.  It was so excited to hear this news, and I am so glad Daniel is going to become part of our family.

No comments: