2/1/18

Gathering Graces 1/31/2018

*January was a long and luxurious month for me.  I have made some decisions in my life so the pace of life has dramatically slowed down, and I am still getting used to it.  Ideas are germinating.  Green shoots of possibility are starting to break through the frozen ground. 
*One decision was taking a leave of absence from my involvement with the Sixth Street Theater board.  In December I will reevaluate where I am at in life, and see if I want to return, or if I want to remain off the board.  This decision has freed up quite a bit of time.  I love my involvement with the theater and the board, but I needed to take a break for a while to have time to sort things out in my life.
*I am also finding it easier to say “no”.  Right now I need to focus on what is going on in my future, and I need to spend time talking, brainstorming, researching, and dreaming about what comes next in my life.
*This is because my job at KHS ends in June.  The GEAR UP grant comes to an end at the end of this school year, and my job will be done.  If the state of Idaho receives another grant, and if the Kellogg School District receives another grant, the new GEAR UP position will not begin until August or September.  So after 10 wonderful years working with this awesome program, I am saying goodbye.  And looking to see what comes next.
*I think it only appropriate that January ended with a huge “moon event”, with the Super Moon. Blue Moon and Blood Moon all happening at once.  (Unfortunately the clouds were too thick to see the moon here in Kellogg.  I got in the car and drove out to see it around 5:15 a.m., and saw nothing.)  When I think of the moon, I think of the different phases it goes through in the sky, and I can relate to that in my own life.  I am aware that I am moving into a different phase of my life.  It is exciting and a bit scary to see what lies ahead.

No comments: