2/12/18

Gathering Graces 2/11/2018

Me, Brandon Church and Paul

*This afternoon we had my Bran Muffin (Brandon Church) over for lunch before he heads out on his new adventure.  He was recently hired as a dispatcher for the Mineral County Sheriff’s Office in Montana.  He will be moving to Superior, Montana soon to start his new job.  Congratulations, Brandon, and good luck.  We pray all goes well, and we will come visit you soon!!
*Today’s sermon was about listening.  One of Pastor Dave’s lines that really stuck with me was, “Do you listen to understand what is being said, or do you listen to respond?”  It is a good thing to check ourselves as we are in a conversation, and how we listen to the other person.
*I got a little Sunday afternoon nap today on the couch, being warmed by the fire.  Then Paul and I headed over to visit Christy and Everett’s.  I had found a house key that I thought was their key, but wanted to go and make sure.  Yep, it worked!! 
*My thinking from yesterday paid off today.  I took some time and did some brainstorming on a project I am thinking about and wrote notes, did research, and found out a lot of information.  So Saturday wasn’t such a waste.  Things were turning inside my mind.
*It is time for another installment of 52 Cups of Poems today.  Since this is Valentine’s Day week, I wrote a poem about the beginnings of Paul and mine’s relationship.  You can find my third poem,  You Were the Quarterback….You Were the Basketball Star here.
If you haven’t had a chance to read my sister Christy’s 52 Cups of  Poems, you can find them here, here and here.

No comments: