2/21/18

Gathering Graces 2/20/2018

*Br-r-r-r-r!!  It was hovering near zero degrees this morning.  I am so glad we have snow covering things on the ground.  But the clear morning skies made for a beautiful sunrise this morning.
*When I got to work  I realized I had forgot to bring my purse.  So I hopped back in the car (thank goodness I only live about 5 minutes away from the school), and when I pulled up, I had somehow opened the left hand garage door, so it was open, and Archie (the dog) was probably very cold in his kennel in the garage.  (Our garage is heated, so usually he is very toasty and warm.)  So I grabbed my purse, made sure BOTH garage doors were shut, and headed back to work.  I guess it was a good thing I forgot my phone, at least for Archie’s sake!!
*I had a big group of students in Drama after school today...18 students, grades 1-5.  We focused on Improvisation today, and next Monday and Tuesday as well.  It was, as always, a really fun time.
*Mini Chocolate Chip and Almond Toll House Cookies were made in the kitchen tonight.  There were some bags of different kinds of chocolate chips left over from Christmas baking that I want to get rid of, so I made a batch of cookies tonight.  I am going to continue to make cookies this week and try and use them all up.
*The zero degree weather brings me back to gardening, and I like to compare what is going on in my life to what is going on in my garden.  We had spring like weather here in Kellogg for about a week and a half.  Then all of a sudden, the snow comes, almost a foot and a half, and covers the ground.  Then the temperature plunges to around zero.  As I ponder my future, and think about what comes next, I can relate to what is going on in my garden.  A surge of excitement of a certain idea comes forth, just like a flower starting to bloom.  The idea gets written down, researched, contemplated, just like the crocus in my front flower bed that is trying to bloom.  Like that burst of spring-like weather. Then the snow comes and covers it up, and stops the flower from blooming.  Like my ideas, they get put to rest for a while.  They still need time to germinate.  Again, things are happening under that blanket of snow, but we often don’t see the progress.  And sometimes when the cold front appears, we think things are at a standstill, but they are not.  There is color and beauty just waiting to burst forth.  We see a little glimpse of it, and soon we will see the flowers in the garden, and the flower of ideas burst forth in colorful blooms.  Just like the crocus in my front flower bed.

No comments: