2/22/18

Gathering Graces 2/21/2018

*Paul had said earlier I had crocuses trying to bloom in the front flower bed.  I went out front, and sure enough, they are trying to stay warm in the -3 degree temperatures.  I hope they survive the cold.
*It was sad to hear about the passing of Billy Graham today.  What a wonderful man.  He will be missed.  He was used by God in so many people’s lives.  Recently, on one of the episodes of The Crown, Queen Elizabeth requested he come and talk to her several times while he was visiting London when he was first starting out as an evangelist.  Their conversations were very interesting.  The Queen seemed very intrigued by Billy Graham. 
*Usually I don’t leave my P.E.O. meeting with gifts, but tonight I was the winner of the prize drawing, and won a nice black scarf, and I also received a beautiful quilted table runner from Ann Hill as a thank you for being one of her officers.  It was a cold night to venture out, but I am glad I did, because we had a really nice meeting.
*The Internet has been going out from about 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. each night here in Kellogg.  My theory...people streaming the Winter Olympics.  I could be totally off base, but that is my thought.  We will see if things improve after the Olympics are over.
*Yesterday I went downstairs to the freezer to see what meat was down there, and there were some steaks and some chicken breasts.  I brought them up to thaw them, and Paul grabbed the steaks and broiled them for dinner tonight.  I told him I would marinate the chicken breasts, and we will prepare those tomorrow night.

No comments: