2/19/18

Gathering Graces 2/18/2018

*As our world here in Kellogg was covered in a blanket of white snow, and the snow was blowing and coming down more and more, the decision was made to cancel our church service so members of our congregation would not venture out into the snow.  Paul drove over to the church around 8:30 a.m., and he said the roads were awful, and the visibility on the highway was very low.

*We had a nice, relaxing morning watching the snow come down.

*At one point I heard a bird chirping outside, and saw this little bird in one of the bushes by the patio.  I think he was complaining about all the snow.  Not me.  I love the white stuff!




  *In the afternoon Christina came for a visit and to spend time with her dog Archie.b  She had been at her daughter’s house in Hauser Lake that morning, and said the roads and weather was fine until right before Kingston, and that is when the winter storm hit.  When Archie saw Tina, it was really cute.  Archie knew exactly who she was and even quit playing ball outside with Paul so he could come inside and spend time with Tina.  And then when she left, he whined and cried for about an hour, because he missed her.

*It was family dinner night, and we all gathered at Bill and Debbie’s house.  It was nice to have Debbie back in town after her visit to Eugene.  She reported she had a wonderful, low key, relaxing time on her trip.  Bill cooked a delicious beef stew with dumplings, and Debbie made a salad.  It was a perfect dish as the temperatures started to drop, and the air turned colder.  It was a wonderful evening to all be together, visiting and sharing about what has been happening in our lives.

*When Paul and I got home, we started a fire, and decided to play the 80’s version of Trivial Pursuit.  As we headed off to bed, we were tied, with each of us needing one more pie.  I need to get a yellow pie, which is “In the News”, and Paul needs a blue pie, which is “Personalities”.  We will see who the winner is in the morning.
*Saturday afternoon I went down to the basement to work on, what I thought was going to be a poem about snow.  But my thoughts turned toward discussions I had been in the day before regarding students, and those who have experienced trauma, and how we as school employees can help them.  My fourth 52 Cups of Poems poem is loosely based on a real story I heard from a student last week, and you can find the poem here.  You can read Christy’s fourth poem about my starting my book here.

No comments: