10/9/17

Gathering Graces 10/8/2017

*Today was the first day in a very long time that I had an actual Sabbath, a day a rest, a day when I stayed home and did a whole lot of nothing.  And it felt very good.
*I slept in a bit, then got up and got some breakfast and coffee, and sat myself on one of our couches, and that is where I remained most of the day.  I wrote my blog, looked at my photographs from my trip to Italy, napped, ate some lunch....you know...a whole lot of not much.
*Paul’s sister Laurie showed up for a bit in the afternoon.  Her and Paul went for a run, and we talked a little bit, but she was the only other person, besides Paul, that I had any interaction with the whole day. 
*I guess I did do a few little things.  I watered the plants.  I did the dishes.  I cleaned out the bottom of my closet a little bit.  But those small tasks did not take much to do, and afterwards it was back to relaxing.
*What a gift my day of rest was today.  It gave me some time to reflect on Friday’s events, and I was so grateful for the people who attended Mom’s Celebration of Life, and who I got to see and visit with on Friday at my home.  We have one more thing to bring closure to Mom’s passing, and that is having her burial on Tuesday with just my siblings and our spouses. 
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much.
Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments: