10/20/17

Gathering Graces 10/19/2017

*Lately the temperature has been in the high 30’s when Nikki and I have walked in the morning.  This morning, it felt like we were having a heat wave.  It was in the high 40’s, and it seemed very warm.  Amazing what 10 degrees warmer can feel like. 
*It was nice having a morning that didn’t seem so rushed, since I didn’t have to be to school to meet with anyone early.
*During homeroom I met with the NHS officers to prepare for our NHS meeting on Monday.  Monday we are drawing tickets for the raffle prize winners, and also starting our poinsettia sale.
* A couple nights ago Zoe posed a question to Paul and I about why we let her as a child watch the movie Poltergeist, and not Titanic.  My only defense was....”I don’t know....we were just weird.”
*It was coffee day at KHS today.  Some of the students have started preparing coffee and delivering it during homeroom on Thursday.  This is the first day I have been able to participate.  It was fun seeing Austin’s smiling face at my office door as he came to deliver coffee.
*I loved the fact I could come home and make a meatloaf sandwich for lunch today.  Bread, some brown mustard and meatloaf.  One of my most favorite sandwiches in the world!!
*After sixth period I had a one on one talk with a senior, and hopefully it helped a bit get his future plans clarified.
*Paul grilled some steaks for dinner, with some bleu cheese on top.  Yummy!!
*And we were off to Wallace for rehearsal.  We picked up Jesaray at her house uptown, and off we went.  We were able to make it through all the songs tonight.  It was really fun, except there were a couple times I kind of forgot I was suppose to be singing a verse on a song.  Oops!!  Good thing we still have two weeks until opening night.
*I came home and spent some time writing thank you notes to send to people, and called it a night.

No comments: