5/3/14

How Sounds Take You Back in Time

The year was 1977.  A movie came out that started a whole "disco" craze across the nation.

The movie was "Saturday Night Fever".

I had a crush on John Travolta.  I had Saturday Night Fever posters all over my bedroom.

Tonight was my daughter Coco's Senior Prom.

Molly, Zoe and I went over to where the prom was being held to take some photos, bring Coco money to pay for photos, and check out the decorations.

As I was getting ready to leave the prom, the song "Stayin' Alive" started playing.  I was transported back in time to high school, when disco was the sound of the day.

I'm not sure we at Kellogg High School were that proficient at disco dancing, but it was fun to listen to the Bee Gees.

And I was reminded tonight of my senior prom.  We went to Coeur d'Alene for dinner, and our prom was in the gym at the high school.

I still have my dress from prom.  It has been used as various costumes throughout the years.

This is the last senior prom our family will experience. 

As I was leaving tonight, I found Coco and her friend Chris posing for Zoe taking their picture.  I was  disco dancing my way across the floor.

Here is our disco pose photo.
 
Stayin' Alive! Stayin' Alive!

No comments: