3/1/19

Gathering Graces 2/28/2019

*It wasn’t quite as blustery of a day today, as we say goodbye to February.
*Staying up late last night to watch the finale of The Masked Singer was really fun, but I knew  I would be paying for it.  When my classes finished at 5 a.m., I texted Nikki and said I needed to back to bed.  That was a good choice.  I returned to bed around 5:30 a.m. and slept until 9:30 a.m.   I felt much better for the rest of the day.
*Zoe called and we had a nice conversation about some of her future plans, and she was catching me up on a few other things.  After hanging up with her, I headed over to KMS to enjoy the drama students as they performed quite a few skits today, and did a great job.
*After drama, I headed up to St. Rita’s to finish up my Barn Quilt.  I was very pleased with how it turned out.  Three of us used this same pattern, and they all turned out different.  I loved the other barn quilts that the ladies finished, too.  All so colorful and unique.  I would like to try doing this again.  I think I may stick with the sunflower theme.  I found quite a few patterns for other types of sunflower barn quilts, and may try another one.  Here is a picture of the finished product.

Sunflower barn quilt

*As I drove into the garage, I could smell something delicious wafting from the kitchen.  Paul has asked me what I had planned for dinner, and I said I had taken some hamburger out to thaw, and was going to chop up the cabbage and fry them together.  He told me dinner would be ready when I got home.  It was, and it was delicious. 

No comments: