3/18/19

Gathering Graces 3/17/2019

*The whole time Pastor David was preaching this morning, I bet he didn’t realize that he had a bit of a St. Patrick’s Day theme to his message......his message was about the covenant God made with all living creatures regarding the rainbow.  This nice thing is, we don’t find actual gold at the end of our rainbow....instead we find a God of love who cares for all living creatures, and He promised never again to destroy all life by flood.  In Genesis 9 is says: “And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”
*My sister-in-law Laurie came to visit this weekend, and was able to help lead worship during our Sunday morning service.  (Keep my friend and our church’s worship leader Chris Schonewald Meyer in your prayers.  She is dealing with some health issues, and could use your prayers so her body is healed.)  It was a wonderful service today.
*Laurie had never eaten at Radio Brewery in uptown Kellogg, so Paul and I took her to lunch.  Laurie and I both enjoyed a Bahn Mi sandwich and Paul enjoyed a green chili burger.  It was a wonderful time of talking and visiting on a beautiful, sunny, almost officially spring day here in Kellogg, Idaho.
*When I returned home I baked two loaves of Irish Soda Bread (low carb keto style) for our family dinner tonight.  If you like to try and make this delicious bread, you can find the recipe here. There is also a Guinness Dipping Sauce you can make to dip your bread in that is really good as well.  You can find a link to it on former link for the bread.
*Paul went outside to work in the yard some, and the temperature was so mild I decided to open up any window I could to let some fresh air and sunshine into the house.  What a delight to have fresh, clear, crisp air making its way through the house.  Paul said our “big pile of dirt” had been covered with snow a few days ago, and now the snow is almost gone.  I can’t wait to see things start coming up in this fertile pile again this year.

*As Paul and Laurie headed out for a run, I got ready for tomorrow’s classes so I could have it all read to go before we headed over for tonight’s dinner.
*Christy prepared family dinner tonight, but since our numbers were a little bigger tonight, with the addition of Jane McShane and Laurie Roberts, Bill hosted the dinner because he had more room at his table.  We had a wonderful menu of food items as you can see below, with contributions from Christy, Jane and myself.

Our menu for our St. Patrick's Day Family Feast

No comments: