3/20/19

Gathering Graces 3/19/2019

*It was another beautiful, sunny, warm, blue sky day in the Silver Valley today.  I went out and ate lunch on the patio, and it was almost too warm to be out there for too long.  What a wonderful sensation!!  The sliding glass door to the backyard was open most of the day.  I love the fresh air filling the house!!
*Last fall I never pulled up the kale that was growing in a couple of the tires where I planted my salad greens last year.  I was surprised when I looked at it today that it looks as if it may have survived the winter, and will come back again this spring and summer.  I will keep my eye on it.  I hope to.  It was really good kale!!
*I spent most of the day finishing reading Barbara Lynch’s memoir Out of Line: A Life of Playing With Fire. It was a unique look at the world of James Beard award winning chefs, award winning restaurants, and Lynch’s unorthodox way of becoming a part of that world.  As I read her book, it made me want to try some different flavors in my food, built a wood cooking stove in my backyard, and travel to Italy to experience more of their cuisine and wine.  It makes me want to plan a trip to visit Boston with Zoe (who bought me this book for Christmas, worked for a summer in Boston, and loves to be adventurous with cooking as much as I do)  and go eat at some of her restaurants.  I would also love to have Paul join us and attend a Boston Celtic’s basketball game as well.  Someday....someday!!!
*When I drove Nikki and I to KHS for our walk this morning, the moon wasn’t quite full, but it was suspended in all its glory above the western horizon.  It was beautiful.  I was disappointed I didn’t get a chance to see it this evening.
*Paul and I are having many conversations about our future, and what our plans are in the next few years.  What do we want to do?  What avenues do we want to pursue.  We have a lot of ideas.  But we need to find the one that fits best, and start focusing on that one.   The only thing we know is we want to do it together.  With Paul’s spring break coming up, we are going to spend much time devoted to prayer, discussions and planning for “what’s next!!!   (Thank you Jed Bartlet!!)

No comments: