3/23/19

Gathering Graces 2/22/2019

*Our book group was not able to meet last month because of members traveling, so we gathered together at Sue’s house today to discuss The Trouble with Goats and Sheep, a novel by Joanna Cannon.  It was an interesting study of people living in a close knit community and making assumptions about people, and how they get it all wrong.  It is a real fascinating study of human behavior.
*We have supplementary classes we can get certified to teach with VIPKID, and one is called Voice of VIPKID.  This is a class where you teach a song to a student for 25 minutes, and then they go on to create their own “music video” for friends and family.  This morning, my first two classes were Voice of VIPKID classes.  From 3 a.m. to 3:30 a.m., I sang about What Animals Do You Like?  From 3:30 a.m. to 4 a.m., I sang about being a Food Ninja. Both students, Kim, who was six, and Eric, who was four, were fun to sing with.  When Eric and I started to talk about apples, he ran off camera, and came back with a wooden puzzle of China, and started pointing to a certain part of the country.  He mom explained that this area was known for growing apples.  I was pretty impressed Eric could point this out to me.  Eric also was pretty cool, because he had a Thomas the Tank Engine mask he showed me during class!!
*During my evening classes, I discovered one of my student plays the flute.  I am hoping sometime in the future we can play our flutes together during class.
*Zoe seems to be making progress on her ant problem.  Thanks to everyone who commented and gave suggestions to help my daughters and their problems with the ants.  Zoe first line of defense was peppermint oil. She is also using cinnamon oil.  She mixes the oils with water, and sprays it on the area where the ants seem to be entering the house.

No comments: