1/29/18

Gathering Graces 1/28/2018

*I enjoyed a wonderful church service this morning.  I love helping lead the worship for our congregation, and I love the people who I share the platform with as we lead our congregation in worship.  What a blessing to be a part of such a wonderful worship team.  Thank you Chris Schonewald Meyer, Amy Holland-Arnhold, Simon Miller, Tim Arnhold, Paul Roberts and Joann Montieth.  I love singing praises to God with each of you.
*When I returned home, it was time to clean out the refrigerator. Sometimes it can be scary to uncover what moldy, slimy or smelly things one may reveal in the depths of the refrigerator.  I found a few things that were a little moldy, but nothing too bad.  But it felt good to get things cleaned out and thrown away, and items organized a bit better in the shelves of the refrigerator door.  Mission accomplished!!
*I completed knitting another dishcloth, but I “messed up” again, and changed stitches at some point when I shouldn’t.  It should have been a straight stockinette stitch all the way through, but didn’t turn out that way.  Despite the flaw in knitting when I should have purled, I did learn how to do a seed stitch to help create a border on the dish cloth so it would not curl up as much.  So I am making progress!!
*For the next year my sister and I will be writing a poem each week.  If you would like to read them, my first poem Grief Knitting is here, and Christy’s poem Not For A Year is here.  I haven’t written a lot of poetry in my lifetime, so it will be fun to explore this type of writing and see what come out.

No comments: