1/23/18

Gathering Graces 1/22/2018

*As I started looking at Facebook this morning, words of love and comfort started being shared with one of my Facebook friends on her page regarding her husband.  It seemed pretty clear that something had happened to her husband.  I messaged my sister-in-law and found out this young mother of two beautiful young boys lost her 40 year old husband to an unexpected heart attack on Sunday.  I have know this woman most of her life, and I had her in Sunday School when we went to church in Meridian, and have watched her marry this wonderful man and be the mother to these beautiful boys.  As the tears began to flow, my prayer is that her family is surrounded by love, comfort and peace.
*Work was good, and I enjoyed some of the interactions I had with students.  It is all so very exciting to be a part of helping students prepare for their futures.
*We started a new session in the after school drama program.  The next two weeks we are focusing on being different characters.  The kids were great today, becoming anything I asked them to be.  They had me laughing most of the time.
*If you want to cook your steaks in a way that makes them tender and delicious, try this recipe here for Pan Seared Ribeye Steak with Bleu Cheese Butter.  I actually used New York steaks tonight,  I think this is the third time I have prepared steaks this way.  As I was looking at my blog post from last year’s birthday dinner for Mom, this is what I prepared.  You take the steaks and fry them on high heat in a cast iron skillet (for me, it was my cast iron dutch oven), for a couple minutes on each side in butter and olive oil.  Sprinkle the steaks with rosemary, then put the steak into the oven for about 5 minutes.  When they are done, take out and drizzle the rosemary butter on the steaks.  Put them on the plate, and top with the special bleu cheese garlic butter you made earlier, and let the steaks sit on the plate for about five minutes before eating.  Then enjoy.  This is the way steaks are meant to be enjoyed!
*My friend April is doing an online course this week about finding your Voice.  I spent some time this evening journaling and sharing with the other people taking this course.  I look forward this week to the daily assignments, and what I find out through this process.

No comments: