11/7/17

Gathering Graces 11/6/2017

*Today I was focused on helping KHS seniors apply to college.  We had about 79 seniors apply to at least one college today.  The state of Idaho has really made it an easy process this year to apply to one of the Idaho public institutions.  There is one website to apply to each Idaho public institution, and no application fees for any of the colleges.  It was fun working with the students.  The rest of the class that was absent today I hope to get through the process tomorrow.  Between our counselor Dan, Warren with Upward Bound, Jennifer our librarian and Rose and Carrie from the NIC Silver Valley Center, we helped these students with this process throughout the morning.
*After going, going, going all day without a stop for even lunch, it was nice to finally get home and relax.  I had made meatloaf a few weeks ago, and had put some in the freezer downstairs, and it had been thawing in the refrigerator, so I took it out, wrapped it in foil and warmed it up in the oven while the potatoes were roasting.  I cut up another cucumber I had purchased a few days ago, and Paul and I had a nice meal. 
*As the temperatures started to drop last evening, I built a fire in the fireplace, and it felt so good.  I have found a new British cooking show, The Big Family Cooking Showdown, on Netflix.  Three members of a family take on three members of a competing family, with three competitions.  It is a fun show to watch.

No comments: