5/29/18

Gathering Graces 5/28/2018

*What a glorious holiday weekend.  The weather was wonderful, we were able to do a variety of things, and we got to see Molly and Travis.
*Today Paul and I continued working in the yard, and getting quite a bit accomplished.  First though, Paul got up early today so I was able to experience the luxury of sleeping in, something I do not practice all that often.  Once up, I had some coffee, wrote my blog, then I was ready to head outside.
*I had some lily bulbs that needed planting, so I got those in the ground.  I also planted nasturtium seeds all over the place.  Paul made a new bed out front, and there I planted four varieties of sunflowers.  Oh, I sure do hope they grow.  Sunflowers are one of my favorites!!  Paul also got the lavender plants I purchased yesterday planted.  Lavender is another one of my favorites!
*I also planted two kinds of cucumbers, one burpless variety and one pickling variety. I found a packet of hollyhock seeds from last year that never got planted, so they got put in the back of a small flower bed to see if they will grow.
*A majority of the day was spent creating some areas where succulents will grow.  Years ago I had taken old wooden windows from our house when we lived on McKinley Avenue, and made flower boxes out of them.  We still have some around, and decided to use these for succulents this year, as well as a few other containers.  I planted these this afternoon and hope the succulents grow.
*We decided to order lunch from Best Shots.  I love their Cobb Salad, and it goes right along with the way I am eating.  Molly had the Ahi Tacos, and Paul and Travis both had different kinds of hamburgers.  It was all really good.  We enjoyed lunch out on the patio in the pleasant afternoon temperatures. 
*Paul and I took a break from our gardening work, and I continued reading my book. Molly and Travis left around 5 or so, and headed back to Moscow.  Paul made a delicious grilled salmon, and I made some cucumbers with cream for dinner.  The evening was so pleasant.  I was able to finish the book I was reading, and start on another one.
*I have felt like throughout the year, my life has reflected what is going on in the seasons.  Today as I looked at all the beautiful colors and flowers and vegetables in my yard, there is a promise of new things to come.  Flowers are ready to open.  Seeds will sprout, or start growing some kind of vegetable or bloom.   I realized this was like my life.  Right now, there are many things happening.  The seeds have been planted.  Some changes are being made.  And soon there will be a whole new look to my life just as there will be a whole new look to my gardens.  And I plan to tend my life with care, just as I tend my garden, to make sure things grow in the proper way.  

No comments: