5/4/18

Gathering Graces 5/3/2018

*I stayed at home today and prepared for an upcoming online job interview.  There are a lot of things to get ready.
*My original plan was to drive to Coeur d’Alene and do some shopping, but that didn’t happen.  By the time I was done watching videos, and eating lunch, I was no longer in the shopping mood.  I will see if Paul wants to go over with me after work tomorrow.  That will make it much more enjoyable!
*Portrait of Vengeance is the final book in four book series written by my friend Carrie Stuart Parks about forensic artist Gwen Marcey.  I finished it today, and said goodbye to this character.  I look forward to Park’s new book series that she is writing. 
*I spent some time outside in the wonderful weather enjoying the backyard.  Since I didn’t make it shopping earlier, there were a few things I needed, so, when Paul got home, we both walked down to the Furniture Exchange so he could buy some plumbing supplies for our sprinkler system, and I could look at paint samples.  We are going to be painting the outside of our house this summer, so I want to start looking for ideas.  Then I walked across the parking lot to Yoke’s and bought a couple of steaks and some shrimp for Paul to barbecue for dinner.  I tried something new for dinner that turned out really well.  I sliced up radishes and baked them in the oven for about 20 minutes.  They were suppose to be nice and crispy, but I put oil on mine instead of cooking spray, so they weren’t really crispy, but the roasting really brought out a wonderful flavor.  It was a unique way to eat the radishes, and I am going to keep experimenting with them.
*With my new commitment to get to 10,000 steps each day, I grabbed my Kindle and walked around the backyard while listening to some videos by Dr. Eric Berg on how to be successful on the Keto Diet.  I have been on it now for two months, and I love it.  I am down 24 pounds, and have lost 25 inches, and I feel great.  I am always adjusting, and trying to make it work better. but I have to say this has been the easiest lifestyle change I have ever made in my life.

No comments: