5/29/18

Gathering Graces 5/27/2018

*What a wonderful Sunday!!  Paul and I just went with the flow at church this morning after Simon needed to leave to help his wife take their youngest daughter to the doctor in Coeur d’Alene.  Without anyone to be in the sound booth or on drums, Paul quickly chose our worship set to be mostly hymns, and it worked out great. 
*After church, Christy and I drove up to the Greenwood Cemetery to lay flowers on Mom and Dad’s grave, Paul’s grandparent’s grave, and Paul’s younger brother’s grave.  I also visited my best friend April’s mother’s and grandparent’s grave.  What a beautiful cemetery, and it looked particularly wonderful today to see the flags next to all the veteran’s graves throughout the cemetery.  Our KHS JROTC students do this every year.  I meant to get a photograph of the flags.  There is a Veteran’s section at the cemetery, and it looked particularly stunning. Molly and Travis also came up to the cemetery to pay their respects.
*On my way home I stopped at Yoke’s to look at their flowers to see if there was anything I wanted to buy.  I still wanted some lavender to put in a section of our garden.  Yay!!  Yoke’s had some lavender plants.  I bought two different kinds to plant in front of the bathtub with the dahlias and glads.  I also bought two tuberous begonias to plant in the shade garden, and a pineapple sage plant and a stevia plant to add to my herbs.  The pineapple sage plant smells just like pineapple.  I looked up what culinary ways you can use pineapple sage, and I look forward to trying it this summer.
*Dinner was at 6 p.m. tonight at Christy and Everett’s house.  Paul, Bill, Debbie and I gathered in their backyard, and enjoyed some appetizers, and then a lovely dinner that Christy prepared.  We had a wonderful  “Loaded Cauliflower Casserole” that was delicious, some Baked Parmesian Zucchini, and a salad with Greek Vinaigrette.  We hadn’t been together for a family dinner for a couple weeks, so it was nice to gather together and get caught up.
*Back at home, it was a lovely evening outside.  I walked around the backyard, continuing to read Matchmaking for Beginners by Maddie Dawson on my Kindle.  It was recommended by a friend as a “fun summer read”. 

No comments: