12/31/17

Gathering Graces 12/30/2017

*The part I enjoy least of having everyone home are the goodbyes. They began today. Molly and Travis, and their two bunnies, Booker and Dumblebunz, got packed up and drove home to Moscow this afternoon.
*The alarm was set for 3:15 a.m., and Paul, Zoe and I were on the road by 3:30 a.m. to get Zoe to the Spokane International Airport so she could catch her 6 a.m. flight. Fortunately the roads were good and we made good time to and from the airport.
*Zoe and Cosette thought I would like a new original series on Amazon Prime called The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I also got a recommendation from Christina. They were all right. It is a really good show. I look forward to watching the rest of the episodes, but it was fun to watch it with Zoe and Cosette.
*Christmas was taken down this evening. The tree was untrimmed. The multitudes of Santas were put to rest in boxes. But post Christmas decorations come out now. Now my living room turns into Snowman Land!!
*As I was taking down the decorations, I continued listening to an Audio Book titled Hamilton: The Revolution, a book about the creation of the Broadway musical Hamilton. It is inspiring listening to Mariska Hargitay tell the story of how Lin-Manuel Miranda’s vision comes to life on the Broadway stage.
*I had been wanting to watch the movie Love Actually but could not find our copy of the DVD. The problem was, I had been looking for the case. And the DVD was, for some reason, not in the case. It was in a pile of DVDs on our basement shelf that are not in a case. So as I cleaned my bedroom yesterday afternoon, I watched Love Actually. And was reminded....
“It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it is not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it’s always there--fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends.”

No comments: