12/30/17

Gathering Graces 12/29/2017

*I watched the snow fall throughout the day and pile up in the front yard, backyard, driveway and street in front of our house. It is a beautiful sight.
*For breakfast I decided to make “Carol’s Potatoes”, a recipe of my own creation. You use a Pampered Chef Apple, Peeler, Corer, Slicer to slice and core the potatoes, then you cut them up in smaller pieces. I use my Wok pan and heat up olive oil, and fry the potatoes in the hot oil until they are soft. While they are frying, I put some Montreal Steak Seasoning on the potatoes. Once they are cooked the way I like them, I cube up some cream cheese and let it melt in the potatoes. Then the potatoes and done, and boy are they delicious. Here is a photo of what they look like.

Carol's Potatoes

*I spent a lot of the day reading, lounging around, finishing some chores, and helping Paul and Cosette with their passport applications. They drove out to Walmart and got their passport photographs taken, so they can take their applications up to the Shoshone County Courthouse to apply for their passports. But in the midst of all the preparation, Cosette realized her birth certificate was in her apartment in Moscow. So she will pick it up and bring it back on Monday, and they will go up to the courthouse next week sometime and submit their passport applications.
*One of the presents I gave Paul, Molly, Travis, Zoe and Cosette was a book by Sue Monk Kidd called The Dance of the Dissident Daughter: A Woman’s Journey from Christian Tradition to the Sacred Feminine. I had read this book last spring when I chose it as our book group selection. I found her journey fascinating, and wanted my family to read this book and then have a discussion about it. So after the pizza was picked up last night for dinner, we started talking about the book, and Kidd’s journey, and for the next two hours we explored a variety of topics about where each of us is in our own spiritual journey, our thoughts on what the term “goddess” means, our views of God and Jesus and what it means to live in a matriarchal society, and belong to a church that is matriarchal. For me personally, I could relate to some of the things she experienced, but not all. But I always enjoy reading books that challenge my thinking on subjects, and help solidify my own belief system and how I relate to the world around me based on that belief system, which for me is my Christian faith.
*I had mentioned something last week to Zoe about us having a night when we would apply a new facial mask I had purchased from The Body Shop. She reminded me of that tonight, so all six of us, Travis and Paul included, applied the Himalayan Charcoal Glow Mask. It was really a very nice experience. If you want to see what we all looked like, here we are!!

The Himalayan Charcoal Glow Mask
*I love my family, and have loved having them home this past week, and it has been such a joy hanging out together, celebrating Christmas and Bill’s birthday, attending The Last Jedi, playing games, watching television, and just relaxing with one another. And it has been nice to have my two siblings and their spouses join in some of the celebrating as well. What a blessing to experience a week like we have had. My heart is full to overflowing.

No comments: